Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Way to a Girl's Heart

Maybe this is the foodie in me speaking, but I can't help but feel the same positive feelings I often have in love when I see or taste something delicious. Okay, maybe this a little over the top, but there seems to be some correlation between the two.  After walking around the city today and passing numerous bake shops, I realized that simply looking at all the desserts made me happy.

At first I seriously questioned the extent of my food obsession, but then I thought that maybe sweets do have the power to provoke some sense of euphoria.  With further research, I learned that when something is appealing to our senses, especially something sweet like a dessert, the reward part of our brain triggers similar feelings of contentment and satisfaction that can be felt in love. This definitely explains why our indulgences fluctuate with our moods.  Maybe chocolate is the way to a girl's heart after all...





1 comment: